Annual Budget Meeting Information
in preparation for 2016
December 6, 2015
Grace and peace to you! In the attached documentation, you will find information related to our budget preparations for the year 2016. We encourage you to prayerfully consider this material in preparation for the Annual Budget Meeting to be held in the Meeting House on Sunday, December 6th. At that time the congregation will be asked to vote on the adoption of a budget, as well as additional finance-related motions.
In the following pages, you will find:
1.) The Agenda for the Annual Budget Meeting (click to view/download), including all motions
In addition to the customary items for this meeting, on the agenda are 4 motions asking authorization to use funds from non-operating reserve funds
- Three from the Major Projects Reserve Fund, totaling $24,800 for all 3 together.
- Designated use of this fund is for “the planning or completing of a major project involving purchase of equipment, new construction, or periodic maintenance such as painting or roofing.”
- Current balance of this fund is $83,500.82
- Replenishment: Over $14,500 of replenishment is already scheduled to come into the fund in the coming year from earnings drawn from the Restricted Maintenance Endowment Fund (a 4% draw on said endowment, as voted by Bd. of Finance at its November meeting).
- Expendability: Major Projects is a reserve fund, not an endowment, so 100% of this fund is expendable for its designated purposes.
- One from the Geraldine Waring Fund, in the amount of $12,000.
- Designated use of this fund is “for the purchase of items that will enhance and beautify the Church service and Church building, but not for general operating expenses.”
- Current balance of this fund is $63,851.97.
- Expendability: Waring is a reserve fund, not an endowment, so 100% of this fund is expendable for its designated purposes.
2.) The proposed 2016 General Fund Budget (click to view/download)
We hope that you will take the time to review these documents in advance of our time together on Sunday at the annual budget meeting.
The proposed 2016 General Fund Budget was endorsed by the Church Council at its meeting on December 1st.
Yours in Christ,
The Board of Finance:
Tina Huey (chair), Laurie Brookes, Liz Cowles, Cass Crewdson, Donna Latincsics,
Bob Malecki (treasurer), and Bill Ross, with the Rev. Matthew Emery (senior minister, ex officio)