UConn Utilities Construction to impact getting to SCC for Summer 2018
UPDATE: August 17, 2018
As of Friday, August 17, 2018, North Eagleville Road in Storrs was opened to traffic in both directions as summer construction work drew to a close.
Getting to the SCC Parking Lot
With the one-way travel on North Eagleville Road, drivers wishing to park in SCC’s main parking lot (shared with the UConn Islamic Center) will need to be approaching SCC from the west on North Eagleville Road. While traffic will be allowed to turn onto the east end of North Eagleville Road from Route 195, all such traffic will then be required to turn left onto Glenbrook Road, which comes before the entrance to our parking lot.
From the North (I-84, US 44, Willington, etc.)
Drivers approaching from the north should follow the detour indicated in red on the diagram above: From the intersection of Route 195 and US 44…
- take US 44 west (toward Hartford) for a little less than one-half mile to Discovery Drive;
- turn onto Discovery Drive (towards UConn campus) and continue on Discovery Drive for just under 1.5 miles to the intersection with North Eagleville Rd.;
- turn Left onto North Eagleville Road and continue until reaching the UConn Islamic Center on the left, and turn into the drive. (Note, signage indicates that North Eagleville Road is “closed” except for “Local Traffic Only”; travel to SCC constitutes “local traffic”)
From the South (Mansfield Center, US 6, Willimantic)
Drivers approaching from the south via Route 195 should follow the detour indicated in green on the diagram above: From the intersection of Route 195 and Route 275 (South Eagleville Rd.)…
- take Route 275 (South Eagleville Road) west a little less than 1 mile;
- turn onto Separatist Road and continue for approximately 0.8 miles;
- bear right onto Hunting Lodge Rd., and continue for approximately 0.3 miles;
- turn right onto North Eagleville Road, and continue until reaching the UConn Islamic Center on the left, and turn into the drive. (Note, signage at the intersection with Hillside Road indicates that North Eagleville Road is “closed” except for “Local Traffic Only”; travel to SCC constitutes “local traffic”).
From the Storrs Center vicinity or from east of campus
Drivers approaching from the Storrs Center vicinity or from east of campus are welcome to use the green or red detours as appropriate. In addition, a route through the UConn campus would be possible by making the turn from Route 195 onto North Eagleville, taking the required left turn onto Glenbrook Road, following Glenbrook all the way to its end at Hillside Drive, then turning right onto Hillside Drive and taking it to North Eagleville Road. (This route is not depicted on the diagram above.) Please note that Hillside Drive will be closed for summer 2018 between Gilbert Road and Glenbrook Road.
Parking for Sunday Worship & other major events
Many who attend worship here at Storrs Congregational are accustomed to parking street-side along North Eagleville Road. During this summer’s construction, that street parking along North Eagleville will not be available. As alternatives, please note the following:
- Our own SCC Parking Lot (in green on the diagram above) will be open and available. Note, though, that you must be approaching from the west on North Eagleville Road; see the above section for detour information if approaching from Route 195.
- As always, worshippers needing handicap or mobility-restricted parking for worship are welcome to use the area immediately adjacent to the SCC Meeting House off Route 195.
- Any regular UConn parking for faculty/staff is available on evenings and all weekend, including for Sunday worship. There are a number of such UConn parking lots in reasonable proximity to SCC, including the WB Young Lot (behind the College of Agriculture), the Horticulture Lot (behind UConn Blooms), the T-Lot (around the Towers dormitories), and so forth. Many of these are indicated in purple on the diagram above.
- Street-side parking along Horsebarn Hill Extension is also unofficially permissible, at least on Sunday mornings. (This is the road that leads back to the UConn Dairy Bar.)