Information on Memorial Service for Virginia “Ginny” Rowe
We here at Storrs Congregational join with all throughout the greater Storrs and UConn communities in mourning the death of long-time friend Virginia “Ginny” Bradford Rowe.
A Service of Witness to the Resurrection celebrating Ginny’s life will be held here at the church on Wednesday, July 11th, at 11:00 a.m. A reception will follow the service at UConn’s Werth Family Basketball Champions Center, located at 2158 Jim Calhoun Way on the UConn Storrs campus.
We are anticipating a large attendance for this service. In that regard, please note the following:
- All who are able and willing are encouraged to make use of UConn’s North Garage parking facility, located to our west at the intersection of North Eagleville Road with Hillside / Discovery Drive.
- UConn will be providing shuttle service between the North Garage and the Church for the service, as well as between the church and the Werth Family Center for the reception, and from the Werth Family Center to the North Garage following the reception.
- Attendees with mobility-restrictions or other access needs may make use of the driveway immediately beside the church off of Route 195. There is also a limited amount of parking available on church grounds in the parking lot we share with the UConn Islamic Center.
- For the UConn North Garage, map to the intersection of Hillside Road & Alumni Drive, Storrs, CT 06269
- For the entrance to the church’s main parking lot, map to 20 North Eagleville Rd., Storrs, CT 06268. (Note that we share this lot with the UConn Islamic Center, and the Islamic Center’s signage is prominent at the entrance.)