The Storrs Congregational Church
Congregational Life and Hospitality
A pillar in our church community for many decades, the SCC Congregational Life and Hospitality engages and organizes the women and men of our congregation in a number of fellowship, service, outreach, and caring ministries throughout the year.
Ministries and activities coordinated by or through the SCC Congregational Life and Hospitality include:
- our annual church-wide Christmas Bazaar, which includes sales of greenery, holiday gift items, baked goods and pecans, and fair-trade gift items through SERRV; entertainment; a festive lunch; and more.
- our annual church-wide Spring Fair, which includes a plant sale, a bake sale, and a tag sale, as well as other activities.
- the Funeral and Memorial Service Receptions Ministry Team, which offers a generous and caring ministry of hospitality around funerals and memorial services held at our church through the organization and hosting of post-service receptions.
- coordination of our church’s participation in Covenant to Care for Children, as we partner with local social workers to meet needs among underserved children in our area.
- program scholarship assistance for children and youth connected with our congregation, especially young women, for participation in church-related camps and summer programs, service-learning and mission trips, and more.
- periodic fellowship gatherings for women–and sometimes for the whole congregation.
- and more…
Over the years, the generosity of the Congregational Life and Hospitality, formerly known as the Women’s Fellowship, and the foresight of its leadership has helped provide necessary funding for a variety of physical improvements, beautification projects, and equipment needs around our church campus.
The SCC Congregational Life and Hospitality is led by an executive committee elected by their active participants.
For more information, contact the Congregational Life and Hospitality President, Pamela Roberts: