The Storrs Congregational Church
A pillar in our church community for many decades, the SCC Women’s Fellowship engages and organizes the women of our congregation in a number of fellowship, service, outreach, and caring ministries throughout the year.
As a rule, all women members of the congregation are members of the Women’s Fellowship, although active participation in Women’s Fellowship officially-sponsored activities varies by the activity.
Ministries and activities coordinated by or through the SCC Women’s Fellowship include:
- our annual church-wide Christmas Bazaar, which includes sales of greenery, holiday gift items, baked goods and pecans, and fair-trade gift items through SERRV; entertainment; a festive lunch; and more.
- our annual church-wide Spring Fair, which includes a plant sale, a bake sale, and a tag sale, as well as other activities.
- the Funeral and Memorial Service Receptions Ministry Team, which offers a generous and caring ministry of hospitality around funerals and memorial services held at our church through the organization and hosting of post-service receptions.
- coordination of our church’s participation in Covenant to Care for Children, as we partner with local social workers to meet needs among underserved children in our area.
- program scholarship assistance for children and youth connected with our congregation, especially young women, for participation in church-related camps and summer programs, service-learning and mission trips, and more.
- periodic fellowship gatherings for women–and sometimes for the whole congregation.
- and more…
Over the years, the generosity of the Women’s Fellowship and the foresight of its leadership has helped provide necessary funding for a variety of physical improvements, beautification projects, and equipment needs around our church campus.
The SCC Women’s Fellowship is led by an executive committee elected by their active participants.
For more information, contact the Women’s Fellowship President, Pamela Roberts: